Questions? Call 705-351-1305
Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears that correspond to every part of the body.
Reflexology is natural, non-invasive.
Reflexology is a focused pressure technique, usually directed at the feet or hands. It is based on the premise that there are zones and reflexes on different parts of the body which correspond to and are relative to all parts, glands and organs of the entire body.
When the reflexes are stimulated, the body’s natural electrical energy works along the nervous system to clear any blockages in the corresponding zones. A reflexology session aims to break up deposits which may interfere with the body’s electrical energy in the nervous system.
It does not diagnose or prescribe. It treats the whole body not a specific condition. Researchers believe Reflexology is over 5500 years old. Today’s methods are based on the work of Dr. W. Fitzgerald who studied “pressure therapy” and “zone therapy” in Europe, and Dr. Eunice Ingham who systemized the therapy in the 1930’s.
How can Reflexology help you?
Manipulating specific reflexes removes stress, activating a parasympathetic response in the body to enable the blockages to be released by a physiological change in the body. With stress removed and circulation enhanced, the body is allowed to return to a state of homeostasis. Through application of pressure on these reflexes it will help to:
- Relieve tension
- Improve circulation
- Open the flow in blocked nerves and promote natural functioning and healing of the body
- Restore and maintain the body’s natural balance
Our therapy setting.
- The client relaxes in a comfortable position on a reclining or zero gravity chair
- The Session takes 45 to 60 minutes
- Soothing, relaxing music is playing in the background
- A session begins with stimulating all reflexes in the right foot & then the left foot
- Often clients will fall asleep or be very relaxed while being pampered
- Think of this as self care – setting time aside for your self wellness
$75.00/session. Sessions run 45 – 60 minutes.